“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Our mission is to help every person behold, obey, and be transformed by the Gospel. Our Serve Teams exist to create distraction-free environments in order to accomplish the mission of Doxa. Every week, we have the opportunity to provide a place that's safe for people to sing and hear the preaching of the Gospel. Everyone who calls Doxa home has the privilege and responsibility to serve.
Click on each of the opportunities below to learn more about each team. Once you’ve decided where you would like to serve, click the button below, fill out the form, and we will get you plugged in.
We exist to support all other missional teams in preparing the church for our Sunday services and ensuring they have everything they need for a smooth worship service. We do this by:
- Brewing Coffee, monitoring levels of coffee & refilling pots
- Placing signage so people can find our church easily on Sunday mornings and taking it down once the service is over
- Picking up trash around the building
- Assisting with the execution of production elements such as lights and media
No special skills are needed. All we ask for is a servant’s attitude to do whatever may come up on a Sunday morning.
DOXA KIDS TEAM
Doxa Kids has the same mission as Doxa Church, to help every child behold, obey, and transformed by the Gospel of Jesus. Every week, your child will be taught from the Scriptures and learn who God is, what He has done through Jesus, and who they are in light of that. We do this by:
- Ensuring parents know their kids are being well cared for so they can focus on being a part of the weekly gathering
- Keeping the kids ministry welcoming, safe & healthy
- Serving a few times per month during the service to fill a variety of roles including taking care of babies, teaching kids and assisting the teachers
- Paging a parent when diapers need changing or other issues that may arise with each child
As the only missional team that misses the worship service, you deeply bless the parents of Doxa. We want to ensure that this is a safe, clean, & loving environment for our kids at all times. To support this, all people serving in Doxa Kids must complete an application and pass a background check.
GUEST SERVICES TEAM
Joining Guest Services means being the welcoming face of Doxa to each guest that comes on a Sunday morning. We do this by:
- Making a positive first impression the moment new guests enter the church
- Directing people to the coffee, the bathrooms & the children’s rooms
- Helping people get connected to the next steps at Doxa
- Manning the info corner
- Thanking people for coming
At all Doxa events we strive to make people feel welcomed and loved
WORSHIP BAND TEAM
We labor to produce gospel-proclaiming, Jesus-praising worship gatherings where life-change is expected. Each week we progress through a journey of lifting our eyes to give thanks to and testify about Jesus, as we prepare to passionately ascribe Him ultimate worth. We do this by:
- Leading worship through singing and playing music
- Meeting weekly to rehearse
- Continuing to grow in skill
The production team works hard to support the church through audio, visual, and service production. Every week we work hard to create an atmosphere that allows for worship and preaching to be unhindered by distraction. We do this by:
- Running the sound, lights, and media presentations used on Sunday morning
- Meeting for special trainings
- Continuing to grow in skills